Guys, 2016 is almost gone! That being said, this is probably a time of excitement and anticipation for most people. For some, 2016 was wonderful. For others, it was extremely challenging. However, regardless of how it was for you, the new year is a time of new chances, new beginnings, and new opportunities. Let’s bring in 2017 with a bang! Let’s bring it in with high hopes, good attitudes, and positive outlooks! And here are some New Years 2017 makeup ideas to help get the ball rolling! (or dropping, hahaha!)
I know that I’ve been wanting to try some crazy eye looks but haven’t had any opportunities to just go for it. So, why not for New Years? I have put together a video for you guys showcasing myself and a surprise guest – Miss Beauty Victoria 2017, Shay Baumgartner. Together, we put together two bold eye looks for New Years 2017. The video is linked down below, but I’ve also put together some tips to help you find the perfect New Years look:
New Years 2017 Makeup Ideas
- Check out your favorite actress’ red carpet makeup
- Scope out some fashion magazines – now is the time for New Years articles and advertisements
- Study that one coworker who is drop-dead gorgeous’s makeup
- Try colorful – think about your favorite color combinations and how they can translate as an eye makeup look
- Pinterest! (I love scrolling around looking at all of the gorgeous makeup looks!)
- Instagram – I follow a few makeup artists for their daily looks to look at and try to figure out how they did it
- YouTube – YouTube is quite literally a plethora of beauty, fashion, DIY, cooking…this list goes on!
- Try out that one look you’ve always wanted to try but didn’t know how it would look
- Ask someone for ideas. Go to someone who you admire for their makeup skills and ask for some help picking an idea.
- Beauty counters in the mall! Often times, you can get a free makeover if you purchase a product (or even if you just explain that you want to try something different.)
Hopefully, these will give you the inspiration that you need to rock that dark smokey eye, that bold lip, or those false eye lashes you’ve been drooling over! Let’s make this new year great! Let’s put our best faces forward as we bring in 2017 – faces of confidence, faces of power, and faces of conquerors!
I hope you have a very Happy New Year! Let’s set our goals and do this!