One of my favorite days is quickly approaching! I love Valentine’s Day for many reasons (being pampered, discounted chocolate the next day, making memories with the Hubsters, etc.), but one of my most favorite reasons is that I get to dress up all pretty and fancy and just feel glamorous all day. That being said, I’ve put together some ideas for your own Valentine’s Day to make it just that much more glamorous (because, trust me, there can never be too much glamor)! Below are sections for makeup, hair, attire, and nails. I’ve also filmed a video of the makeup and hair in case it’s easier for you to see how to do it other than reading how. Enjoy!
Soft Romantic Glam Makeup
Who doesn’t love wearing glamorous romantic makeup? I’ve put this look together just for Valentine’s Day. All eyeshadow used is from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Don’t worry if you don’t have the exact products – this is all about the colors used to achieve the look. Use what you have, and don’t sweat it! (But if you do want the exact colors, you can find them here [Affiliate link! See my Disclosure]. However, that’s a little pricey for me, so I highly suggest this one right here [Affiliate link!] This one just doesn’t have the same shimmer color.)
This look is super easy to achieve! Here’s how:
- Cover the entire lid area with a neutral base color. I used Urban Decay Strange.
- Add depth to the inner and outer corners of the eye with a light pink color, leaving a space in the center of the eye. I used Urban Decay Limit.
- Deepen the outer color with a darker pink/mauve color, but only the outer corner. I used Urban Decay Nooner.
- Pack on a glittery shadow in the center of your lid. I used a pinky glitter shadow, but you can use whatever colored glitter/shimmer shadow that you want! I used Urban Decay Dust.
- Smudge some of the darker pink/mauve under the eye about halfway. I used the Urban Decay Nooner again.
- Smoke it out a bit with the lighter pink. I used Urban Decay Limit again.
- Give yourself any liner look you want; I decided to go with a daring cat eye.
- Coat your lashes in your favorite mascara.
- (Optional – Not Shown) Bump up the glam with some false lashes!
Romantic Rolled Updo
There’s just something wonderful about updos. They keep the hair out of the face, make me feel just a tad bit more feminine, and (the best part!) you don’t have to take the time to wash and dry your hair for this look to look good! Here’s how to do this fancy-schmancy look:
- Let your hair down around you and brush it out. Part it however you want.
- Place a pretty headband over your hair like a crown. You can use any stretchy headband, wide or thin, but I suggest that it match your Valentine’s Day dress!
- Starting with one of the front sides, begin tucking/rolling your hair under the elastic of the headband until you reach the back.
- Do the same on the other side. You should be left with a sort of tail.
- Take the tail, roll it towards your head a few times, and tuck it under the elastic of the headband.
- Take a few bobby pins and pin the roll into place to secure it
- Admire the fancy updo that took less than 10 minutes to do!
Need to see how I do this? Scroll below and check out the video!
Romantic Valentine’s Day Attire
I’m not usually one for dresses. Most of the time, you can see me lounging around in jeans or (gasp!) yoga pants, but for special occasions, I just cannot pass up a gorgeous gown and some sassy pumps! (And, no, these aren’t the hair or makeup look…just the dress, shoes, and necklace)
My mom bought this dress for me at Kohl’s a while back, but I love the floral design! It’s Valentine’s Day perfection! And the pearl necklace I got from a boutique at the Country Peddler (My friends from the South Houston Area, you know what I’m talking about!) They are fresh water pearls, and they are also multicolored!
Now, I don’t remember where I got the shoes from. I know I got them from somewhere inside Katy Mills Mall a couple years ago, but don’t you just love the color??? These are my favorite statement pumps!
Sweet Valentine’s Day Nails
(Press play for the video for the nails) Lastly, one of my most favorite things, here is an easy but romantic nail design for you guys! I didn’t want anything too flashy, so I felt these simple and elegant designs were perfect for my Valentine’s Day look! I used my awesome stamping set that I bought myself for my birthday. You can find it here (Affiliate link! See my Disclosure) It’s not complicated at all (even though it looks it!) I used a metallic rose gold from Orly and stamped white polish on using a swoopy hearts plate. Don’t have a stamping plate but want cute heart nails? Here’s a tutorial (not mine) on how to make a cute Valentine’s Day nail look without anything but a toothpick!
I really hope you enjoyed this rather long post! It was so much fun to create a look for you guys! May your Valentine’s Day be packed full of fun, fortune, and delights!